Friday, February 1, 2008

Back in business

Haven't been posting for a while, but figured with FTOPS comin up, I might as well start writing about things again. Just wrapped up a huge January in which I shipped the stars nightly and finished 4th on stars, 5th on tilt for the month. I also just had a horrific streak of near-misses in many tournaments, including:

- 15th in the full tilt $300 six max Saturday (20k+ for first)
- 19th in the stars nightly $162 Saturday (30k+ for first)
- 7th in the full tilt $100 rebuy Saturday (20k+ for first)
- 15th in the stars $100 Sunday morning (20k+ for first)
- 19th in the stars $100 Sunday afternoon (23k for first)
- 17th in the stars $100 rebuy Sunday afternoon (40k+ for first)
- 19th in the stars $200 Second Chance (60k+ for first)

And that was just the weekend. The week included some other doozies, including me finishing 19th and 15th in the daily $50 and 2pm $50 on stars, then getting like 70th in the nightly $50, all on the same day. Hopefully I can keep getting consistently deep - I'm not sure if I'm just hitting a rough patch of bad luck late in tournaments, or playing bad when it counts. The losses are all about equally split between coolers, bad beats, and coinflips, so it's something I'll have to keep an eye on. Got big hopes for this weekend... GL to me.

No comments: